Greetings! An urgent transmission just came in from the Metroid Dread dev team! Alongside Metroid Dread Report Vol. 6, there is a new trailer for the game that introduces some of Samus’ abilities, as well as new mysterious enemies who might look familiar to fans of the series. Equip your favorite Varia Suit and check out the trailer on Nintendo’s YouTube channel. Once you are done watching,
In this new trailer, we introduce a few of Samus Aran’s brand-new abilities and some of the mysterious terrors lurking in the shadows of planet ZDR. The Metroid Dread game is available on October 8, 2021 only for the Nintendo Switch family of systems. The sneak peek unveils some of Samus’ abilities – both new and ones previously seen in other games in the series.
- Flash Shift – This all-new Aeion Ability lets Samus travel a set distance – forward or backward, while on the ground or in the air – in an instant.
- Pulse Radar –This handy Aeion Ability allows Samus to scan his immediate surroundings and pinpoint breakable blocks.
- Grapple Beam – A rope-like beam that can connect to specific points, the Grapple Beam allows Samus to swing across gaps or manipulate parts of her environment, such as pulling an object.
- Ice Missile – By using this cool upgrade, Samus can freeze enemies to easily destroy them or even use some of them as platforms!
- Storm Missile – With the Storm Missiles, Samus can lock on to and fire multiple small missiles in succession.
- Cross Bomb – This powerful bomb explodes in four directions.
- Speed Booster – This ability allows her to run at great speed, dealing damage to enemies and smashing through certain walls.
- Shinespark – True Metroid experts know all about this electrifying move, which can be activated to have Samus fly in a set direction while in his Speed Booster state.
- Screw Attack – A classic move that has been in every single 2D Metroid game, the Screw Attack finds Samus damaging enemies and shattering certain obstacles during a spin jump.`
Source: Nintendo of America